whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

May 15, 2014

a random post of pretty floral blooms and organizing...



...hello again!
 
 
 
 
spring has
FINALLY
sprung here!
 
and everything is blooming:)
 
 
 
 
including the furniture
lol!!
 
nah, not really
but I did create this floral blanket for my mom's pretty cottage!
 
 
 
 
each bloom was meticulously hand cut out
 and sewn to a throw blanket and two heart shaped pillows...
 
 
 
 
I adore how it turned out
and LOVE how it looks in her bella pink room!
 
 
 
 
I also made her a paper rose sculpture
but this time ~
I added lights!
 
 
 
 
she hung this in her bedroom,
and in the evenings,
 
she can turn it on with a light remote!
 
so just before she dozes off to dream land
 she can simply "click" them off!
or not!
 
 
 
 
they are sooooo romantic,
 
wouldn't you agree?!?
 
 
 
 
~ sigh ~
 
 
 
 
now I think I shall have to make another sculpture that lights up...
 
 
 
 
 for me!!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
switching gears here,
 
a little random I realize...
 
but I wanted to share this solution
 for organizing jewelry
 
I have l - o - n - g
 been trying to figure out a way to display my jewelry
 
I have never liked my pretties in a box
as I like to see them ~
in the daylight!
 
this is the solution that I came up with...
 
 
 
 
a jewelry station of sorts :)
 
 
 
 
I used a shadow box for my earrings...
perfect for displaying and keeping them in one location ~
paired together.
yah!!
no more lost earrings!
 
 
 
 
for my necklaces.
I wanted them all to hang nicely
as in,
NO tangled balls of mess!!
so I found these 2" binder rings
that can easily be snapped open and closed...
 
 

 
and suspended them on a café rod!
now I can easily see what lovely adornment I wish to wear!
 
 
 
 
and for my bracelets, I used a pretty covered cork board.
 
 
 
 
I tucked all of this behind my master bathroom door
on the wall.
so if you have a little space
and wish to display your pretty adornments
I hope this inspires you!
 
 
sharing this post with:
french country cottage's: feathered nest friday
shabby art boutique's: shabbilicious friday
my romantic home's: show and tell friday
 
 
...here's to spring!


 




8 comments:

  1. Wow, the blanket is incredible and the lit up roses...amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you over on Sabbilicious Fridays. That blanket is AMAZING! And that sculpture/light is a piece of art. SO gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!! Such wonderful things, I don't know where to begin. Such a lovely blanket, I bet your mother was thrilled!=and the pillow! I like how you have hung up your jewelry. A friend of mine was looking for a way to hand her daughters earrings up, so if you don't mind,I will make something similar, not exactly like yours. Hope you are having a lovely Spring. Bit cold in north central Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rosemary how very clever you are, everything you make and design is so beautiful and feminine I can't help but fall in love with it xxx
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosemary the projects you made for your mum are amazing. I love the bloom covered blanket and cushions and the rose paper sculpture light is adorable. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be featuring these projects at tomorrow's party.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your projects are so beautiful and soft and romantic, and I am so glad you linked up with Kerryanne`s Shabbilicious Friday, so I can link up with you, and I feel so special reading your blog, lots of love coming from it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your magical touches always inspire. Dreamy and whimsy. May your Spring be warm and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the throw, pillows and sweet lighted flowers!-- just darling, rosemary!!

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails